The Big Idea
Chiropractic is built on the scientific premise that ever body has a greater healer within. But for healing to work, we have to have a proper functioning nervous system. Due to the intrinsic nerve pathways, mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system may have an affect on the functioning of the nervous system, its healing potential, and general health.
Chiropractors do not just 'crack' backs. We look at the body as a whole made up of many working parts. As primary health care practitioners, we assess the structure, alignment, movement and function of the whole body. And any abnormality is traced back to its roots, often at the spine.
We call this the Chiropractic Subluxation
Some of its many layers include:
- Bones, Joints, and Ligaments
- Muscles and Tendons
- Posture and Habits
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Physical and Emotional Stress
The aim of chiropractic is to help restore function to the nervous system, empowering your own healer within
An adjustment is a term for a chiropractic treatment to chiropractic subluxations. This could be in the form of a mobilization or manipulation, with or without an audible 'pop'. At Eir we use Diversified Technique, which simply means it is a mixture of varied techniques. A mechanical device known as an activator or 'clicker/gun/tickle-pop' is also used to gently and precisely deliver the adjustment. Foam blocks are often put under the pelvis to help balance the spine and tissues of the body. The treatment table has a drop piece that may help the adjustment by creating a counter force. Cranial technique is often used, which involves gentle pressure to the cranial bones. Taping and other soft tissue technique including massage with therapeutic creams may be used in your treatment. Brain Gym exercises, postural exercises, stretches as well as nutritional supplements may be prescribed.
As function is restored, the body can heal faster, feel better and enjoy enhanced performance
At Eir we believe taking a holistic, active approach to health will help your body heal faster and prevent re-occurrences. We may provide ergonomic and lifestyle advice for home, school or work but it is your choice to act on it. Topics covered include but are not limited to sleep, movement, nutrition, health and stress reduction.
Your treatment should be pain free but we recognize that every body responds differently to treatment.
Chiropractic is taught at university level over 5 years. Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners qualified to diagnose and set up treatment plans. You do not require a referral from a GP to see a chiropractor.
What to Expect
At Eir, your chiropractor will:
- Take a thorough case history by asking questions and listening to your answers
- Perform an extensive physical, orthopaedic and neurological examination
- Refer out for further testing if necessary
- Formulate a working diagnosis from a set of differential diagnoses
- Report to you our findings
- Give you an honest prognosis
- Explain your treatment plan options
- Set realistic agreeable health goals
- Advise you of the recommended schedule of care
- Give tailor-made, evidence based care for you
- Offer advice on what you can actively do at home/school/work to help speed up your recovery and enrich your health
- Monitor and reassess regularly to ensure you are getting optimum results and achieving your goals
- If we are unable to offer the right treatment option for you, then we will happily refer you to another modality at EIR, or to another allied healthcare practitioner in our community.
Who Can Reap the Benefits?
Chiropractic is available for everyone of all ages and all stages of health. It is never too early, and it is never too late. We tailor make our treatment plans and modify our treatment methods to suit your age, health, wants, needs and averisons. We even offer big, comfortable pregnancy cushions so that 'mums to be' can lie down during their adjustments. (Chiropractic does not treat the unborn baby )
Most chiropractors will not just ‘crack’ your back and send you on your merry way. Instead, a holistic approach is taken. Every patient is educated on how to best look after his or her health and wellness, if welcomed. We believe a balanced life requires a mixture of work and relaxation, meditation and play, as well as lots of love, laughter, fresh air, clean water, real food, plenty of movement, and chiropractic.
People today are welcoming wellness care into their lives and this goes beyond just being healthy. It encompasses your lifestyle, environment, relationships, and mentality. It is a state of health and happiness.
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move around in.
- Bring any previous relevant tests such as x-rays, MRIs,and notes from other health practitioners
- Your whole family if you wish
A healthy life achievable for the whole family
At Eir we want you to not only feel well, but to heal well, be well and to stay well.
We work to enrich your health
At Eir, we believe everyone has a great healer within, and our mission is to help you empower it.