Is the daily grind giving you a headache?
Headaches are becoming increasingly common and we are often guilty of taking some pain killers and ignoring the problem. Headaches can take different forms such as migraines or tension headaches, and these can greatly impact our quality of life.
Headaches can be caused by various reasons, including but not limited to, poor posture, stress, sleeping patterns and poor nutrition.
Here are some Tips
Which can help decrease the severity or frequency of headaches:
- Get enough sleep - adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle. Getting enough sleep plays an important role in your physical, mental and emotional health.
- Fix your sleeping postures - an awkward sleeping position affects the alignment of your spine and can cause stiffness in the morning. Avoid sleeping on your stomach and try to sleep on your side or back instead to maintain the natural curve of the spine.
- Be mindful of your posture - whether it's during your commute or at the office, maintaining a good posture is very important for spinal health.
- Improve your nutrition - having a nutritious breakfast can make you feel good as you go about your day.
- Drive smart - if you drive regularly, adjust your seat to make sure that you are not straining any part of your body. Move the seat closer to the steering wheel to support the curve of your back.
Chiro Can Help
Chiropractors regularly diagnose, care for and manage headaches, and many studies have reported on the effectiveness of chiropractic care in alleviating migraine pain and other health issues that arise from neck and back issues.
An Australian study published in the Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapy demonstrated the effectiveness of chiropractic care in treating migraine pain. The Macquarie University study analysed the responses of 127 volunteers who suffered from migraines aged from 10 to 70 years. The research found that more than 80% of people who were provided with chiropractic care reported an improvement in migraines. (1)
(1) 'Tuchin PJ1, Pollard H, Bonello R., 2000, A randomized controlled trial of chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy for migraine, J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2000 Feb;23(2):91-5.
We are searching for the perfect team members to compliment our team.
If you know of an incredible myotherapist, remedial massage therapist, acupuncturist, exercise physiologist, podiatrist or psychologist... be sure to pass on our details!
School holidays are a great time to get your kids posture, health & development checked.
Ketogenic Lifestyle - Will be returning soon due to popular demand
Chiropractic for Beginners - Coming Soon
Winter Wellness - Coming Soon
We Love Chiropractic
Magnesium Massage Oil with Pure Essential Oils
- 1/2 cup magnesium chloride flakes
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- a glass bowl or glass measuring cup
- a glass spray bottle
- a few drops of Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil (I love Doterra's AromaTouch)
- Boil the distilled water. It is important to use distilled to extend the shelf life of the mixture.
- Place the magnesium chloride flakes in the glass bowl or measuring cup and the pour the boiling water over it.
- Stir well until completely dissolved. Let cool completely and store in the spray bottle. Can be stored at room temperature for at least six months.
Note: Magnesium can be quite tingly on the skin. If this bothers you, dilute your mixture with more water or another carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. We recommend applying magnesium oil at night to help promote a restful sleep, however you can rinse it off after 20 - 30 minutes if you prefer.
- Sustainably sourced natural latex from the rubber tree
Dr Miriam Kendall
How to find us
- Look for the Bright Green Wellness Centre at 18 Point Cook Road
- Conveniently located between 2 roundabouts at Seabrook Boulevard & Central Avenue
- Located just off Princess Freeway's Point Cook/Laverton exit
- Aircraft Train Station (Werribee Line) is a short 5 minute walk away
- Bus stops 496 and 498 are located right outside