Victoria 7 Day Lockdown
A Circuit Breaker
The Victorian Government has announced a Seven Day Lockdown in a bid to curb the state's growing coronavirus outbreak.
The circuit-breaker lockdown will start at 11:59pm tonight and be in place until 11:59pm on 3 June.
FIVE reasons people would be allowed to leave their homes:
- Food and supplies;
- Authorised work;
- Care and caregiving;
- Exercise for up to 2 hours with one other person;
- Getting vaccinated.
So what does that mean for us?
Chiropractors can continue to practice but are only permitted to see patient who require essential clinical care.
Essential clinical care
Nutritionists can continue to practice through telehealth.
All massage is sadly paused for now.
What is essential clinical care?
- to prevent a significant change/deterioration in functional independence which would result in an escalation of care needs (e.g. an increase in frequency of treatment needed, an increased need for prescription medication due to a significant increase in pain, requirement for specialist input or review, an increase in care needs, and/or a substantial increase to anticipated recovery time associated with a delay in receiving services)
Routine care is not permitted
- We will contact all patients to reschedule until after the lockdown (or modify to Telehealth).
- Online bookings will no longer be available.
- Essential appointments may be available on request via email/sms/messenger/phone call if you fit the criteria for essential care.
Thank you for your support and understanding.