Discover how Chiro can help!
Want to become more active?
Want to improve your posture?
Want to do the things you love?
As part of Spinal Health Week 2019, the team at Eir Family Chiropractic & Wellness are encouraging you to take control of your health, regardless of age, and make small changes to improve your spinal health and wellbeing.
Spinal Health Week runs from 20 to 26 May and this year we are asking you whether your body, posture and spine are ready for life.
3.7 million Australians reported back pain in 2015 alone. Back pain can have a damaging effect on a person’s quality of life by affecting their ability to participate at work, in social activities and sports.
As we know life is full of unknowns, but you can take simple and practical steps now to maintain an active lifestyle, correct your posture and seek our professional care to get you Ready for Life. We are here to support you and help you take control of your health.
Spinal Health Week is a great time to make an appointment with us to find out how we can help you get Ready for Life. You can also visit spinalhealthweek.com.au for more information on how you can improve your spinal health and overall wellbeing.
Contact Dr Miriam Kendall to book an appointment today.
Here are some Tips
- Improve your posture - daily activities that we now consider common, like sitting at a desk, driving and even playing video games, may lead to incorrect posture. Australian adults, on average, spend an estimated 5 hours a day sitting, with a quarter of the population sitting for more than 8 hours a day. This time sitting and hunching over a desk or on the couch can add pressure to the spine.
- Download The Straighten Up app for free. This app is designed to help everyday Australians maintain and improve spinal health. Use the app to set yourself reminders and receive notifications about sitting right, stretching, improving posture and even staying hydrated.
- Keep active - activities such as surfing, soccer and strength training in the gym can have great benefits to your overall mental and physical health. According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 56% of all Australians are not sufficiently physically active. This can have a negative impact on your spinal health.
- Download The Just Start Walking app for free. Sometimes we need a little extra help to just get walking to a healthier life. This app encourages Australians to get outside and to get walking!
- Visit a chiropractor - It is never too early and it is never too late to see a chiropractor. Currently 15% of the Australian population are aged 65 and over, and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare estimates that this will increase to 22% by 2056. An increase in the age of the population puts additional strain on the government to provide care for older Australians. Chiropractors are ideally placed to assist in the healthcare of Australians as they age and help improve their quality of life. The more prepared you are to meet your older self, the more you can be 'Ready for Life'.
- Don't give up the activities you love. Make spinal health a priority!
- Spread the Love of Chiropractic and Share with your Family and Friends - Referrals are the best way for small businesses like us to grow.