Whoa, where did all of April go? We are more than halfway through Autumn already (Spring for some of us) and the scenery at Eir Family Chiropractic and Wellness has changed dramatically. So today we are sending out a much needed clinic news update and a friendly reminder to invest in your health and that of your loved ones.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Your health is an investment, not an expense!
This Week We Are Excited About
Our remedial massage therapist Emma Alvaro is now fully supported by Hicaps. This means you can swipe your health insurance card, claim your rebate benefit on the spot and only pay the gap. Please check with your health insurance fund to see if you are covered under their 'extras' policies.
Remember to bring your card to your next appointment. To honor the hard work and time it takes to become a qualified remedial massage therapist, we have now reinstated our normal remedial massage fees. On those days you do forget your card, we will help you upload your full fee receipt to your private health insurance website or app to ensure a fast rebate claim.
Dr Clare Halpin has settled in nicely as Dr Miriam's replacement while away. Although the change came as a surprise to some, the transition has been very smooth and successful. Excellent skills, extensive knowledge, using similar techniques and sharing the same passion for chiropractic has made Dr Clare the perfect addition to the team.
Appointment Times: Mon 1pm - 7pm, Fri 8am - 1pm, Sat 2pm - 5pm
We are so excited to finally have a female remedial massage therapist join the team at Eir FC&W. Emma Alvaro is passionate, energetic and talented. Her positive attitude and zest for life can brighten anyone's day. And her incredible touch can relieve you of pain, release tension, relax your body and revitalise your soul.
Mon 12pm - 9pm, Thu 12pm - 9pm, Sat 9am - 4pm
Renee Beiermann is now the new voice of Eir. When you give us a call, it is her friendly voice that answers. If you have any urgent concerns that need attention, she is the one to contact via 0393279347. Otherwise you can email Dr Miriam at email@example.com or chat via facebook messenger.
This is in addition to Renee's powerful clinical nutrition consulting.
Did you know that Renee is still available via Telehealth if you prefer and that you can safely pay online through Stripe.
Mon 9:30am - 9pm, Thu 9:30am - 4pm, Sat By appointment
"Hei! The last 6 weeks have been chaotic and I apologise for my social media absence. We safely made it to Norway without catching covid (Hurra), spent 10 days in home isolation and endured 2 brain stab tests. Once free, we had a very picturesque and fun Easter in the snow. The Easter Chicken even made an appearance. The kids learnt to ski, toboggan, make snowmen, snow angels, snow caves and snow balls.
Life is a little more normal again. Ben is working at the local salmon fish farm, Charlotte is at school, and Ricky is back in 'Barnehagen'. All 3 are learning Norwegian. Our dogs Loki and Tora have also arrived after a very long flight. (They were very happy to see us.)
As for me, I have started studying functional neurology in between family coffee catch-ups and hiking with the dogs. We are surrounded by arctic dolphins, otters, minks, weasels, foxes, sea eagles, reindeer, moose and beautiful Norwegian fjords and snowy mountain landscapes. Sitting indoors is difficult.''
If you want to follow Dr Miriam's adventures in Norway, make sure you follow one or all of her many facebook and instagram accounts.
@eirfamilychiropracticwellness @aussie.in.the.arctic @drmiriamkendall
SELF CARE TIP OF THE WEEK
Get outdoors! Although it is starting to get chilly outside, being outdoors can improve your health and wellbeing.
- Lowers your blood pressure and reduces stress — Spending time walking among or simply looking at trees lowers blood pressure and reduces the stress-related hormones cortisol and adrenaline.
- Improves mood — Researchers have found that nature simply makes us happy. Anxiety, depression and anger are notably decreased after spending time outdoors.
- Improves focus — Studies show that both adults and children who have difficulties focusing or controlling impulses are better able to concentrate after being in nature. The natural world allows our brains to take a break from all that mentally drains us.
- Helps us heal quicker — Illness and surgery can be painful and frightening, which can increase stress and slow healing. However, researchers discovered that patients who spent time outdoors during their recovery required fewer painkillers, had fewer complications and experienced shorter hospital stays.
- Supports graceful aging — According to a study in the Journal of Aging and Health, adults over 70 who spent time outdoors experienced fewer sleep difficulties, complained less about aches and pains, and enjoyed improved mobility and ability to perform daily activities.
Smelling rosemary can increase alertness and improve memory
This Week We Are Reading
No, no one at the Eir team are trying to conceive (that we know of), but we do love to help our clients with their fertility. Renee our nutritionist is a wealth of knowledge and the first point of call for anyone with hormonal imbalances.
This Week We Are Making
- Staying active is vital for health and often an inexpensive investment. We love yoga and pilates at home, using free apps that we chromecast to the tv.
- Walking, hiking, jogging, running, bike riding and swimming (in Oz) are other great ways to stay active.
- Big shout out to our remedial massage therapist Emma who is kicking goals at the gym.
- There are a few events in May that can help motivate you to keep active.
- Dr Miriam likes to join the May 50K, where you aim to run 50K over the month of May and raise funds for MS research.
- Another good one is The Extra Mile, where you cycle (or spin) 100-500km over the month of May and raise funds for kids with cerebral palsy.
We love our shakti mat and think this bed of nails is totally underrated. But no matter how good it feels to lie on one, nothing could every replace the benefits of remedial massage and chiropractic treatments. But while you wait for your next appointment...
Show us your photos! We love to see how you empower your healer within and nourish your mind, body and soul. Remember to tag us @eirfamilychiropracticwellness
Share your thoughts and wishes with us! What would you like to see at Eir FC&W? What changes and improvements can we make to improve your Eir experience?